General STC MailMan Lists
We are pleased to announce the relaunch of MailMan services to all our Chapter and SIG members. The service is available at http://mailer.stc.org/mailman.
Chapter leaders should join the Stc_presidents-discuss list, SIG leaders should join Stc_sigleaders-discuss, and student leaders should join Stc_studentleaders-discuss. Often such lists contain an announcement version as well, such as Stc_presidents-announce.
Claim Your List
We have created a discussion list and an announcements lists for each STC community. Did you previously manage your community’s MailMan list or did your community not have one? Do you need help configuring your list?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For List Managers
Communications via the lists can trigger Gmail to flag the messages as junk. The auto-junking can be avoided by changing a setting in the mail list configuration.
- Sign into the administrative interface for your list. This will take you to a page like this: http://mailer.stc.org/mailman/admin/[yourlist]
- Look at the 7th item: “Replace the From: header address with the list’s posting address to mitigate issues stemming from the original From: domain’s DMARC or similar policies. “
- Select the option, Munge From.
- Click Submit Your Changes.
For List Subscribers
If your list mailings are placed in your Gmail junk folder, contact the list manager to follow the steps above. It they don’t do that, you can follow the steps below to fix it for your personal email.
You can create a filter to never send messages to or from a specific email address to spam by following the steps below. This will ensure that emails to or from the address never end up in Spam and don’t show the spam warning.
- Click the down arrow in your search box and enter the email address (like Stc_presidentsemail@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) in the To or From field, depending on the problem.
- Click Create filter with this search at the bottom of the search window.
- Check Never send it to Spam.
- Click Create filter.
For more information, see the details about suspicious email in the Google online help topic.