If your community is not running its using HTTPS instead of HTTP, you should consider the upgrade, especially if you are hosting your site through STC. The STC web host offers free HTTPS through a free SSL certificate system.
Generate a New SSL
- Sign in to your cPanel Account, which can be found at https://ssr24.supercp.com:2083/ .
- Perform a search for the topic SSL.
- Click on the icon labeled, SSL/TLS Status.
- Click on the icon labeled, Run AutoSSL.
- Once you click on the icon an SSL certificate will be generated by LetsEncrypt.
- This step may take up to 15 minutes to complete.
- Once the process is complete you will see no errors in the certificate status.
- The path for this action is Cpanel > SSL/TLS status > Run autoSSL.
Activate HTTPS in WordPress
Once you have your SSL certificate, you must tell WordPress to use HTTPS when rendering your website.
- Sign into WordPress
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- In the WordPress Address (URL) field, change the URL to be https://.
- In the Site Address (URL) field, change the URL to be https://.
- Click Save Changes.
SSL Is Not AutoRenewing
Sometimes an SSL gets stuck when auto-renewing. In that situation, navigate to SSL/TLS and delete the keys. Then generate new SSL certificates in SSL/TLS Status as described above.